zpBootstrap – a ZenPhoto/ZenPage theme
To use the release 2.0 of the theme, you must have
ZenPhoto 1.4.14 or more.
If you use another release of ZenPhoto, see archives of zpBootstrap on GitHub.
Please note that the ZenPhoto team advise to regulary upgrade its site with the latest version of ZenPhoto to benefit from the latest features of the application, to solve the various security holes, and to benefit from the support of the ZenPhoto team.
- Bootstrap (HTML, CSS, and JS toolkit for Responsive WebSite)
- Flexslider (a fully responsive jQuery slider plugin)
- FancyBox (lightbox jQuery plugin for displaying images. Touch enabled, responsive and fully customizable)
- AddThis (snippet to add sharing tools to your site)
- script for navigation with the arrow keys on single news pages and images pages.
The theme supports the following ZenPhoto plugins:
- cacheManager, comment_form, contact_form, dynamic-locale, favoritesHandler, flag_thumbnail, GoogleMap (colorbox option not supported), rating, register_user, user_login-out, zenpage
Major improvements of 2.0 release
- Full rewrite of the theme, using a compiled package of Bootstrap 3.3.7 (see config file _boostrap_3.3.7/bootstrap-compiled/config.json)
- Use FlexSlider 2.6.3
- Use FancyBox 3.1.20
- Upload the zip file to your computer,
- Unzip the downloaded zip file locally, and upload the zpBoostrap folder to the directory /themes/ of your ZenPhoto site,
- In ZenPhoto administration, go to the Themes tab and activate the zpBootstrap theme,
- Navigate to Options>Theme to view and configure the available options for zpBootstrap.
- You can display a home page, with a slider of 5 random picts, the gallery description and the latest news (if zenpage is used),
- Only one RSS Feed is displayed: go to options>RSS and select the RSS feed to use (RSS Feed "All News" has priority over RSS Feed "Gallery").
For the theme works well, I advise you
- In admin>options>gallery, enter the title of your website, the title and description of your gallery.
- To make responsive images in news and pages: edit the html source of your news and pages and add class="remove-attributes img-responsive" on each image (the result should be <img class="remove-attributes img-responsive" src="the_path_to_your_image"/>)